Now Playing Tracks

spiritualinspiration:

“Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him” (Psalm 34:8).

Where do you take refuge when the storms of life come? Where do you go for comfort and safety? Some people find it easy to turn to their friends, their job, or even a bowl of ice-cream! There’s nothing wrong with any of those things, but God the Father wants us to turn to Him first. He wants us to take refuge in Him. He longs to protect us and defend us and give us His strength.

We serve a good God, and when we take refuge in Him, He will pour out His abundant blessing in our lives. Taste and see that the Lord is good today. Taste and see that His promises are good. When you turn to God, the Bible promises that you will find rest and refuge for your soul. No matter what you may be facing today, come to the Father. He will give you His peace and strength, and you’ll live the blessed life He has prepared for you!

(Source: instagram.com)

Supposing there was no intelligence behind the universe, no creative mind. In that case, nobody designed my brain for the purpose of thinking. It is merely that when the atoms inside my skull happen, for physical or chemical reasons, to arrange themselves in a certain way, this gives me, as a by-product, the sensation I call thought. But, if so, how can I trust my own thinking to be true? It’s like upsetting a milk jug and hoping that the way it splashes itself will give you a map of London. But if I can’t trust my own thinking, of course I can’t trust the arguments leading to Atheism, and therefore have no reason to be an Atheist, or anything else. Unless I believe in God, I cannot believe in thought: so I can never use thought to disbelieve in God.
C.S Lewis (via proverbs31v25)

(Source: proverbs31v25)

Bill Nye’s supposed logic!

According to the “logic” of Bill Nye, Christians who believe in creationism rather than evolution, ought to reject things like aspirin and antibiotics because such things were discovered through (in his thinking) evolutionary science.  The problem is that evolutionary science has nothing to do with genuine science and discovery.  Based upon Nye’s logic, when creationist scientist Louis Pasteur, through the use of the non-evolutionary based “scientific method,” discovered that diseases were not spontaneously generated, but rather were caused by germs and viruses, this, according to Nye’s logic, was just “bad science” because Pasteur was a creationist.  When Pasteur tried to convince the scientific community of his findings, they rejected it because spontaneous generation was an essential component to evolutionary thinking. So Pasteur was in the minority and had to raise the battle cry to convinced evolutionary scientists that his findings were sound and scientific.  Eventually he won the day and his discoveries led to scientific understanding of germs and then to vaccinations. Praise the Lord for men who did not and do not cave into the opinions of the majority; men like Pasteur, Ken Ham and countless others in history.  This is just one way in which the religion of naturalism has hijacked the word “science” – trying to make it mean, “whatever the evolutionary scientist says is knowledge” rather than being objective, looking at all the evidence; running through whatever models are available and determining which model best fits the evidence. 

In order to prop up their religion of naturalism, evolutionary scientists often overstate evidences and findings.  For example, 90% of the dating methods available to scientist today will yield significantly younger ages for the earth than the 10% of the methods hailed by the evolutionists as “factual.”  But, do you hear of the other 90% of dating methods? Not generally.  Why?  Because it is evidence that does not fit their evolutionary presuppositions and is therefore dismissed. That is not science; that is blind faith.

To Tumblr, Love Pixel Union